Wednesday, July 23, 2008

 

Will He ever be wrong?

“Still, when asked if knowing what he knows now, he would support the surge, the senator said no.

"These kinds of hypotheticals are very difficult," he said. "Hindsight is 20/20. But I think that what I am absolutely convinced of is, at that time, we had to change the political debate because the view of the Bush administration at that time was one that I just disagreed with, and one that I continue to disagree with -- is to look narrowly at Iraq and not focus on these broader issues." ABC News: Post-Tour, Obama Still Balks at Troop Surge

Ahh CHANGE...Of course, that was our number 1 priority. I’m just glad his campaign’s stock phrase wasn’t along the lines of getting in touch with our feminine side. These kinds of hypotheticals aren’t difficult at all, especially if the surge leads to a victory for your COUNTRY!!!

For the record, if I knew then what I know now, I would never have entertained all those cockamamie, liberal policies I embraced as a youngster. But that’s part of growing up: admit your mistakes, learn from and try not to repeat them. The surge was not a policy in and of itself but rather a means toward an end: Success in Iraq. By his response we learn that that success is obviously of little interest to the One.

Comments:
Hey right thinker.
sounds like Oklahoma conservatives
 
thanks...I think
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Preview on Feedage: maryland-conservatarian
Add to Windows Live iPing-it