Wednesday, September 12, 2007

 

The Syrian Peace Initiative

A report of an Israeli flyover of Syria has surprisingly not gotten the play I would have thought but Soccer Dad is on it today: Soccer Dad: This is just a test 1..2..3..4

…to which I add this I’ve-got-to-believe-it’s-related update:

Report: Israel spots nuclear installations in Syria - Israel News, Ynetnews

Tragically, all this could lead Syria to abandon their long-standing commitment to peace: Syria warns flyovers will have tragic consequences - Israel News, Ynetnews

Remember, according to noted Mid-East Expert Dennis Kucinich, after a recent meeting with Syrian President Assad:

“It was a meeting where President Assad showed a real desire to play a role in helping to create a peaceful settlement of the conditions in Iraq, as well as a grander approach towards creating peace. So it was a very important meeting, and I felt honored to have the chance to speak with him." NRO - RE: Dennis the Menace

Comments:
I think the speculation that it was some sort of WMD makes the most sense right now. When I blogged I hadn't seen those reports.

The reason the WMD makes sense is because it explains why Syria was so reticent to make an issue out of it. (I guess the having the superior radar getting trashed would invite silence too, out of embarrassment.)

Nice point about Kucinich.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Preview on Feedage: maryland-conservatarian
Add to Windows Live iPing-it