Sunday, June 17, 2007

 

Happy Fathers Day

Happy Fathers Day to all the Fathers out there. Despite current sensibilities among a self-selected intelligentsia that the role of fathers is a social construct, I believe that what you do and what you bring to the role is unique. To all of you who take being a father seriously, I applaud and appreciate your efforts.

Now I am off to go play golf with my father…who throughout much of my childhood I thought took the role way too seriously.

(and let me just second Crablaw’s takedown of the Post’s meaningless “expose” of Father’s at the Smithsonian. Washington Post: Slow News Day, So Throw Meaningless Crap At Fathers….yeah, fathers who take the time to bring their children to museums – that’s a group that needs investigating.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Preview on Feedage: maryland-conservatarian
Add to Windows Live iPing-it