Tuesday, May 15, 2007

 

A Maryland Conservatarian Mea Maxima Culpa

Admit it - the last few months have been on the cool side (at least here in Maryland) and true to our modern sensibilities, you gotta figure it has to somehow be mankind's fault...or at least Bush's. Well, I’ve run some numbers and am a bit chagrinned to have to admit that..turns out, it’s all MY fault.

Yep, after listening to Al Gore’s completely fact-checked case for why we’re all going to hell in a hand basket, reviewing the cerebral musings of Laurie David and considering the practical suggestions of Cheryl Crow, I just knew I had to cut down on my “carbon footprint”…or else we were doomed as a species and quite possibly so was the planet.

So I did.

Ooops, my bad!

I moved from Baltimore to Rockville as I am now working full-time for a client so based. Now, instead of driving at least 2 ½ hours a day, I’m driving at most 10-12 minutes, that is, when I’m not walking to work (a mere mile and a half away). Trips to DC or Bethesda begin with a door-to-door, 6 minute walk to the Shady Grove metro. Also, within a five minute walk, I am at my local grocery store, several restaurants/bars, liquor store…even my new general practitioner/doctor.

In other words, I overdid it. I apologize. Starting today, I’ll leave my car running in the parking lot for at least half an hour a day.

UPDATE: ...or maybe I should just take advantage of this valuable service: CarbonDeductions.com - Offsetting the Dangers of Carbon Credits (H/T: NRO)

Comments:
6 minutes from the Metro? Oh yeah! Well done and congrats, Patrick? I am talking about savings the other non-renewable resource - TIME!
 
"Patrick!" - that was meant to be a "!".
 
Rockville is God's country. Except for politics. Welcome to the neighborhood.
 
thanks all
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Preview on Feedage: maryland-conservatarian
Add to Windows Live iPing-it