Wednesday, December 13, 2006

 

Jimmy Carter: Our first Nation of Islam President?

I thought this was weird:

“Incredibly, given his media presence, Carter thinks that he is being silenced by shadowy forces. He makes this bizarre claim: “My most troubling experience has been the rejection of my offers to speak, for free, about the book on university campuses with high Jewish enrollment.” Rich Lowry on Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid on National Review Online

Has anyone heard of one school where this has happened? I can imagine schools not accepting his offer because he’s Jimmy Carter and the act was old by ’78 but to imply that high Jewish enrollments correlates to his not speaking at certain schools comes across as rather Michael Moore-ish (in other words, I don't think it's true).

As Rich Lowry goes on to allude to, I’m amazed that he is even cognizant of levels of Jewish enrollments. If pressed on the same matter, I’d guess Brandeis and after that…. Although it is increasingly sounding like he believes one Jew is too high a presence, I don’t know even know what a “high” enrollment is. I mean, it’s not like there is a group of colleges and universities collectively referred to as “historically Jewish”…(there isn’t, is there?)

Finally, let’s not forget this from earlier this year:

““Is Jerusalem surrounded by armies now? …These neocons and Zionists have manipulated Bush and the American government and our boys and girls are dying in Iraq and in Afghanistan for the cause of Israel, not for the cause of America! Israel is the tail waggin’ the dog, which is America. You may not like me, and I really don’t give a damn. I’m throwin’ the gauntlet down today.”ADL

I’m sorry, that was Louis Farrakhan – but could you honestly tell the difference?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Preview on Feedage: maryland-conservatarian
Add to Windows Live iPing-it