Monday, August 28, 2006

 

Fantasy Football I

I am right now enmeshed in my one of my favorite activities – Fantasy Football. Last night, my first of three drafts: 12 teams, Auction-style ($100 budget), 16 – 18 players; 1QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def, 1 Flex (any position). Keeper League (although none for this year). My Team and price paid (other players given for perspective):

QB Trent Green - $4
QB Brian Griese - $1
(Peyton Manning - $30; Eli Manning - $15)

RB W. McGahee - $22
RB B. Westbrook - $15
RB C. Taylor - $7
RB W. Lundy - $1
(Larry Johnson - $39; Ladainian Tomlinson - $38; Tiki Barber - $36)

WR Torry Holt - $17
WR Roy Williams - $11
WR Derrick Mason - $8
WR Donald Driver - $5
WR D. Branch - $1
(T. Owens - $16, randy Moss - $16; Steve smith - $21)

TE J. Shockey - $4
TE B. Franks - $1
(A. Gates - $13; T. Heap - $7; T. Gonzales - $9)

K S. Gostkowski - $1
K J. Reed - $1

D Cowboys

Tonight’s draft is also an Auction-style ($100 Budget), Keeper League. I won it last year and am able to keep some of the players at very cheap prices:

RB Larry Johnson - $15
RB Steven Jackson - $17
RB Cadillac Williams - $15

…which means I have three of the Top 10 RBs in a 12 team league for $47. By way of comparison, another team saved Tomlinson at $44.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Preview on Feedage: maryland-conservatarian
Add to Windows Live iPing-it