Monday, June 26, 2006

 

Rewriting McCain-Obama

The Washington Post continues its cheerleading for Senator Obama in an otherwise pointless article on possible rule changes for lobbying Congress. Call for Lobbying Changes Is A Fading Cry, Lawmakers Say
Reading the article, you might think that Senators Obama and McCain were side-by-side in this fight to re-write the rules of Washington lobbying:
"I was eager to participate; I was excited about it," Obama recalled. "The timing was good not just for the party but for the country.  ......

“A steady stream of proposals favored by McCain and Obama was rejected by Senate panels.”

This left me questioning my memory….I mean, did I just imagine this this past February:

“Dear Senator Obama: I would like to apologize to you for assuming that your private assurances to me regarding your desire to cooperate in our efforts to negotiate bipartisan lobbying reform legislation were sincere.

“… As I noted, I initially believed you shared that goal. But I understand how important the opportunity to lead your party’s effort to exploit this issue must seem to a freshman Senator, and I hold no hard feelings over your earlier disingenuousness. Again, I have been around long enough to appreciate that in politics the public interest isn’t always a priority for every one of us. Good luck to you, Senator.” U.S. Senator John McCain letter to Senator Obama

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Preview on Feedage: maryland-conservatarian
Add to Windows Live iPing-it