Thursday, June 01, 2006

 

Michael Moore and ICC citings

My compatriots in the Maryland Blogger Alliance have latched onto some interesting stories that I thought I’d highlight.

The Baltimore Reporter yesterday linked to a NYPost article about a lawsuit against Michael Moore (The Baltimore Reporter: I so hope he wins.....):

“A double-amputee veteran of the Iraq war is suing filmmaker Michael Moore for $85 million, claiming Moore used an old interview with the G.I. to make him appear anti-war in his movie “Fahrenheit 9/11.”

Soccer Dad adds “moore” by recalling an earlier Michael Moore incident where he (as usual) played loose with non-facts. Soccer Dad: Moore protection

I consider Michael Moore one of the most vile and contemptible (or is it contemptuous – let's ask Helen Thomas) people in the news today and a worthy successor to an aging Jane Fonda in this regard. His misuse of Sgt. Peter Damon’s words and image are just another exhibit of why.

Finally, Pillage Idiot covers an unfortunate side-effect of Maryland’s just started Inter-County Connector (ICC). Pillage Idiot: Parkland over people

In 1984, I had just returned to living in Maryland and bought a townhouse north of Silver Spring off Rt. 29. A neighbor informed me then that I had made a smart buy because the impending ICC would really help real estate values…..and nearly 22 years later we have the ground-breaking (but I no longer have the townhouse). I’ve long supported the ICC project but agree that the use here of eminent domain is (while proper in the way that Kelo never was), in the word and implied tone of Pillage: “Nice”.

Comments:
The Sun Lies ran an interesting photo comparison between the Balt Sun's photo and WaPo's photo on their site www.thesunlies.com. The Balt Sun's photo was a pos photo of Ehrlich showing the anti-ICC protestor while the WaPo's was a regular photo. I thought it made an interesting point.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Preview on Feedage: maryland-conservatarian
Add to Windows Live iPing-it