Thursday, May 04, 2006

 

#@%&* Boston College

I normally reserve my comments for political matters but permit me to rant about something more important: Boston College’s decision not to play Holy Cross next season in men’s basketball. BC’s gutless-wonder of a coach, Al Skinner, is apparently tired of the 40 minutes of a game that the normally undersized Crusaders provide his Eagles and has decided that this is not what he wants out of a non-conference game.

But this is not just any game – it represents one of the longest running rivalries in College Basketball (first game: 1906) and one of the few significant games between New England schools. Between the two programs, they’ve produced a National Championship (Holy Cross ’47), an NIT Championship (Holy Cross ’54) and one of the greatest basketball players of all time (Bob Cousy – Holy Cross ’50). As it stands today, Holy Cross leads the overall series, 57-52.  

To know me is to know my antipathy for BC and I’ve not tried to hide my disdain for the constant whining that is Al Skinner. His tirade earlier this year after BC beat Holy Cross was a microcosm of what the BC sports program has become. (my comments then: Maryland Conservatarian: Al Skinner's Whine Festival). As they are now in the ACC, I will be circling any date they play at Maryland so I can get my “Beat BC!!” fix.

Comments by Holy Cross fans at CROSSPORTS: BC Game off the Schedule




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Preview on Feedage: maryland-conservatarian
Add to Windows Live iPing-it