Saturday, February 25, 2006

 

Martin "Nathan Hale" O'Malley

I should have posted something on this earlier but better late than never.

You may remember that during the 2004 presidential campaign, Baltimore Mayor Martin O’Malley clearly laid out his concerns in a post 9/11 world:

"I remember after the attacks of September 11, as mayor of the city, I was very, very worried about al-Qaida and still am. But I'm even more worried about the actions and inactions of the Bush administration."

Still, as worried as the mayor no doubt was, he never made it a life or death matter for him. Well, apparently things have changed and he has now identified an even bigger worry: a port management company out of the UAE.

“We want to turn over the Port of Baltimore, the home of the 'Star Spangled Banner,' to the United Arab Emirates? Not so long as I'm mayor and not so long as I have breath in my body”

So, for those of you at home keeping score, here is an updated Mayor O’Malley’s Top Worry List:

  1. UAE port management company

  2. George Bush

  3. Al Qaeda

Yep – he could be my next governor.

Comments:
Let's not forget that he eagerly jumped on the Howard Dean bandwagon.
I thought that that showed remarkably bad political judgment. Unless he really believed in Dean. Which is also worrisome.
 
...to paraphrase Sen. Graham: For conservative Maryland-based bloggers, Martin O'Malley is the gift that keeps on giving.
 
Surely Doug Duncan is somewhere on that list of worries?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Preview on Feedage: maryland-conservatarian
Add to Windows Live iPing-it